Revision date: June 1, 2020
Travel Reservation Terms, Conditions & Refund Policies
Prices for land components, cruises, airfares and vacations cannot be guaranteed until reservations are confirmed by an STI vacation therapist along with payment of applicable per person deposit. Airfare prices, availability, times and flights are not guaranteed until paid in full and may change without notice. All prices are subject to change without notice and may be subject to limited availability. Seasonal surcharges, restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Prices listed are per person, based on double occupancy termed “Share” or single occupancy termed “Your Own Room” or “Your Own Cabin”, unless otherwise indicated. The exact price depends upon the day of departure, departure city, length of stay, ship, hotel, room or cabin type or other inclusions including, but not limited to airfare, transfers, rental cars, taxes or administrative fees. Prices and offers are valid for new bookings only.
Unless indicated, prices do not include airfare, gratuities, meals, telephone calls, occasional resort service fees, any personal or incidental items, visas, occasional government departure fees or any other features not listed except where otherwise noted. Additionally, prices do not include airport transfers unless otherwise stated in the Highlights section of your trip.
An initial cruise or tour deposit is required at time of booking. Additional deposits may be required to guarantee space in some instances such as pre and post options, transfers or any other services requested beyond the cruise or tour. Certain deposits are non-refundable. Refundable deposits will be honored only if the reservation is canceled in writing and the written cancellation is received by NOON, EST on the last business day prior to the penalty period. Insurance premiums, certain vendor fees, STI service fees and airline and rail tickets are non refundable. Singles Travel International is not responsible for airline tickets purchased for tours that are cancelled due to lack of participation. It is the responsibility of the traveler to confirm the viability of a departure before making airline reservations.
Full payment is due in our office 120 days prior to departure and a reminder will be sent to you 14 days in advance of the due date.
Forms of Payment
American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or personal check are acceptable forms of payment. Late bookings and certain deposits require credit card payment. Payment by check is not considered complete until funds have been cleared by our bank. All returned checks will be assessed a $50 service charge and may result in the cancellation of your reservation or additional fees.
Bookings made within 3 weeks of departure are subject to a $30 document shipping and processing fee. A minimum $100 additional handling fee may be charged for bookings that need to be confirmed within 30 days of departure. Any additional costs incurred by STI will be passed to the member upon approval. On occasion, we will be unable to take reservations within 7 days of departure. All bookings made within 30 days of departure must be paid by credit card and a signed credit card authorization is due the same day reservation is made.
Revisions & Cancellations
In the event you need to change or cancel your reservation or any information provided as part of your reservation, please contact Singles Travel International as soon as possible in writing to email@example.com. Cancellation amounts and deadlines are listed on the FAQ section for every vacation and it is your responsibility to review them as part of your contract to travel. Singles Travel International reserves the right to assess a minimum $175 per booking fee to all changes and cancellations. Our $175 fee may be applied to a future reservation if requested within 30 days of change/cancellation and prior to final payment date.
Following are the general policies of our preferred vendors and any cancellations must be made in writing to our office by NOON, EST on the last business day prior to the penalty period. Terms & Conditions are subject to change. For the most applicable terms to your vacation, see the specific “FAQ” tab for each cruise or tour.
All cancellations must be made in writing to Singles Travel International and are subject to per person penalties as follows:
*Cancellations made beyond 120 days will qualify for a full refund less a $175 administration fee.
*Cancellations made 119-0 days prior to departure or “no-shows” are subject to 100% penalty.
Air packages and air tickets are subject to cancellation policies imposed by the airlines and may be non-refundable. Please carefully review your invoice upon receipt to be aware of the terms. We have 24 hours to cancel and fully refund your ticket if you find an error. After that time, you are subject to penalties.
Cancellations made prior to final payment may transfer deposit to a future vacation. A $25 transfer fee applies and new selection must be made within 30 days.
Other restrictions may apply. In all instances, no shows are non refundable. Travel insurance may be purchased at the time of booking which may cover cancellations for covered reasons. Traveler understands that cancellation will result in penalties and Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance is an option to protect your investment.
Refund restrictions and policies for unused travel or vacation components vary by airline, by vendor, by season, and according to promotional rules and are subject to applicable rules of each vendor. Insurance premiums, airfare, STI service fees and some vendor fees are not refundable. Unused travel or vacation components may be refundable under certain circumstances when prior notification of cancellation is given and if all other applicable terms and conditions are met. Other restrictions may apply. All refunds are subject to return of unused travel vouchers, although unused vouchers may not be refundable. Please enquire about refunds at time of booking. Refunds will be paid as quickly as Singles Travel International has received a refund from the vendor. Refunds may not be paid back in the same manner as the trip or vacation was paid, on occasion a check is sent instead of a credit card refund, and may take up to 60 days.
Travel documents will be sent via e-mail or on occasion, via first class, US mail, 21 days prior to departure or upon payment of expediting fees, if requested. For late bookings, or if expedited delivery of documents is necessary, a $30 minimum document shipping fee will apply. Please check your documents to confirm accuracy of all information. Call Singles Travel International immediately at 877-765-6874 if there are any discrepancies or if you have any questions. Tickets and vouchers are negotiable instruments. Protect them! Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets or vouchers may not be replaced or refunded.
Airline Confirmation, Check-in and Seats
It is important to confirm all flights with the airline prior to departure. For domestic flights, 24 hours is recommended. For international flights, 72 hours is mandatory. Failure to confirm international flights or to use any portion of the reservation may result in automatic cancellation for all continuing and return flights. Please verify specific guidelines with your airline when confirming your flights as guidelines change by airline, airport, flight and security restrictions. Latecomers may lose their assigned seat or be denied boarding at their own expense. In all cases, unless additional time is required by the airline, it is important to arrive at the airport at least one to one and-a-half hours prior to departure for domestic flights and two to three hours prior to departure for international flights. Choice of seat assignments may be limited at time of reservation and at times not assignable until check-in. Seat assignments are capacity controlled at the sole discretion of the airline and are subject to change by the airline without notice. Singles Travel International will assist with seat assignments as requested, but cannot guarantee seat assignments.
Airlines may impose additional fees for baggage, fuel surcharges, weight restrictions, seat assignments or other miscellaneous fees, which are due upon flight check-in and are at an additional cost to the traveler. Visit your air carrier’s website before departure for the most up-to-date policies.
Proof of Identity
Photo ID is required for all travel, both domestic and international. Passports are required for international travel including cruises that begin and end in the United States. You will not be permitted to depart without necessary documentation. There may be additional requirements for international travel such as inoculations or visas. Please check with the U.S Department of State (http://travel.state.gov) for more information related to your travel destination. Special travel documents are required for children traveling without both parents. If you are not a US citizen, you must contact the consulate of the country you are visiting to inquire about visa requirements. You must also contact the Immigration and Naturalization Service (https://www.uscis.gov/) for reentry requirements to the U.S.
Travel Health Information
For most current worldwide health information, consult your family physician and/or the official web site for the Center for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov/travel/ or by phone at 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636). You’ll find information on recent outbreaks, required vaccinations, safe food and water tips, insect protection, illness and injury abroad and more.
Specific requests must be made at the time of booking and are subject to availability at the time of booking/check-in. Check your STI invoice upon receipt to verify that all information is correct. Contact us right away to make changes, upgrade cabin location or correct mistakes. Making changes, although not always possible, is easiest from the very beginning. Seat assignments and bedding requests cannot be guaranteed. Although 2 guests sharing accommodations through our share program will be guaranteed 2 separate beds. At some hotels, there will be an additional charge if a rollaway or refrigerator is required, payable directly to the hotel. Special meals are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed although are generally accommodated.
All car rentals are subject to the rules and regulations of the car rental company. Car rental rates are based on 24-hour rental periods. Late returns and returns to alternate locations are subject to charges or penalties paid by the renter directly to the car rental company. Cars are available for rental to individuals 25 years or older (exceptions apply) holding a valid driver’s license. A surcharge may be added for drivers less than 25 years of age. Rates exclude gas, optional insurance coverage and some applicable taxes and surcharges. Any additional fees assessed at the time of booking, which cannot be prepaid, will be collected at the time of rental. The car rental company requires the imprint of a valid credit card in the name of the driver who is booked or a cash deposit as security to cover incidentals. Auto insurance is the responsibility of the registered driver. Additional drivers must be 25 years of age and will be charged an additional rental fee.
Disclaimer of Liability
As of the date of this publication, all prices are thought to be accurate, available and current. The information, products and services published on this site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Singles Travel International does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims liability for any inaccuracies, including but not limited to price, information and description of the products and services described on this site. Singles Travel International acts as a coordinator only for the owners and contractors providing transportation, accommodations and other services and as such will not be held liable for any injury or damage to person or property in connection with any accommodation. Singles Travel International is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any vendor or any personal injuries, death, property damage or other damages or expenses resulting from causes outside of Single Travel International’s control. Singles Travel International shall not be responsible for travel delays or for any illness, death, injury, damage or loss of vacation time arising from delays. Changes to cruise ports of call or itineraries due to mechanical, weather or world events beyond our control are at the sole discretion of the cruise line and may occur without notice. Any applicable compensation from such occurrences is also at the sole discretion of the cruise line. Singles Travel International shall not be liable for any injuries, damages, or loss caused to any traveler in connection with, or by vendor employees or contractors, terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failure, or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the control of Singles Travel International. Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, inoculations, or other entry requirements of each destination, as well as reentry into the U.S., and all safety or security conditions at such destinations, in connections with the proposed travel. For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, contact the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. Department of State (http://travel.state.gov).
Traveler agrees to the following disclosures: I fully understand that travel, whether in civilized or remote areas, and whether by boat, cruise ship, airplane, motor vehicle, bicycle, on foot, on horseback, or any other form of conveyance, travel contains inherent risks of illness, injury to property and person, and death. These risks may result from the nature of the activity itself, the negligence of others, defects in equipment supplied by Singles Travel International, the use and operation of such equipment, weather, road and trail conditions, my own physical condition, first-aid and emergency treatment or lack thereof, and consumption of food and drink. I am aware that medical services or facilities may not be readily available depending on the location and activity.
I am aware of the inherent risks and dangers in the activities, arranged by the vendors providing services to Singles Travel International, in which I am involved. I am mentally and physically capable of participating in the activities, and willingly assume the risk of injury, loss or damage to property, or death.
I am aware of the risks inherent in sharing accommodations with another member of the group, that has been arranged by Singles Travel International and on behalf of myself, my heirs, and assigns, I promise and covenant not to sue, assert or otherwise maintain any claim against Singles Travel International for any theft, injury, death, or damage to myself or to my property arising from or in any way connected with my sharing accommodations with another member of the group. I agree to assume any financial responsibilities which arise in the event that my roommate and I are not compatible and other accommodations are made on our behalf.
As lawful consideration for being permitted by Singles Travel International to participate in the trip or other activities, I hereby releases Singles Travel International from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action for any illness, injury, death, or damage to myself and to my property, which are related to or are in any way connected with my participation in activities, scheduled or unscheduled, arranged by Singles Travel International. This release specifically includes but is not limited to negligent acts or omissions of Singles Travel International. I agree that the foregoing obligations shall be binding on me personally, as well as upon my heirs, assigns, and all members of my family including any minors accompanying me, if any.
Further, on behalf of myself, my heirs, and assigns I promise and covenant not to sue, assert or otherwise maintain any claim against Singles Travel International for any injury, death, or damage to myself or to my property arising from or in any way connected with my participation in any activity arranged by Singles Travel International.
IN MAKING MY RESERVATION WITH SINGLES TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL, I FULLY RECOGNIZE THAT IF I OR ANYONE IS INJURED OR PROPERTY IS DAMAGED WHILE I AM ENGAGED IN ANY ACTIVITY ON THIS TRIP, I WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST SINGLES TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL, EVEN IF IT IS DETERMINED THAT THEY WERE NEGLIGENT.
I understand that Singles Travel International reserves the right to make photographic or video records on any of their trips, and hereby agree that Singles Travel International may use such photographic or video records for promotional and/or commercial purposes.
I understand that this writing is the entire, integrated agreement between me and Singles Travel International and that it can only be modified or changed in writing, signed by both parties. I expressly agree that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as the laws of the State of Florida allow, and that if any portion hereof is later found to be invalid or not enforceable, the balance of this release shall continue in full legal force and effect. This contract is to be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and any action concerning this contract shall be brought in the State of Florida.
1. Information Collection
- We collect the following information about you and your use of our Website, Platform and service (together, our “Platform”) in order to create a better, more personalized experience for you:
- a nickname selected by you or assigned by us, your email address, your name (if provided) a password selected by you, your zip code; and
- for each Travel Group in which you participate, you may choose to create and store a short description or statement which will be viewed by anyone who is accessing that Travel Group, and your message board postings.
- for purposes of this Policy, “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that could be used to identify your personally such as your name, email address, mobile phone number (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States, which has not been previously or subsequently disclosed by you on the public areas of our website or in messages you send to your Travel Group Mailing Lists.
- We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown or your username.
- We automatically track certain basic information about our members (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, click patterns, etc.). We use this information to do internal research on our members’ usage patterns, demographics, interests and general behavior to better understand and serve you and our community.
- We currently contract with online partners to help manage and optimize our business and communications. We use the services of a site analytics partner to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by our site analytics partner on this site. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. The type of information collected includes the URL you came from and go to, your browser information, and IP address, and helps us learn how to improve our service. No information shared with our site analytics partner is directly linked to your Personally Identifiable Information.
- We may collect information such as postings you make on the public areas of our website, messages you send to the Travel Group Mailing List, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings on our website. Our use of this information is consistent with the rights and restrictions set forth in Section 2.
- You post User Content on the Singles Travel International Site at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
- Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on Singles Travel International is a violation of the Singles Travel International Terms of Service and should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Singles Travel International stores this information to send this one-time invitation, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Singles Travel International may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Singles Travel International service through the operation of the service (e.g., photo tags) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
- By using Singles Travel International, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. Use of Information
- We use the information we collect about you (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site’s content, layout and services. These uses improve our site and allow us to better customize it to meet your needs. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement.
- We may compile the information we collect about you and use it, in an aggregate form only, in the negotiation and establishment of service agreements with public and/or private enterprises under which such enterprises will serve as Singles Travel International partners. Singles Travel International may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like a particular destination or travel more than 3 times per year and personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you a more personalized experience. We believe this benefits you. You can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they’re more likely to be interesting to you. For example, if you put a favorite travel destination in your profile, we might serve you an advertisement highlighting a special to that destination. But we don’t tell the 3rd party company who you are.
- We may use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate your correspondence with us or photographs submitted for publication on our website, be it via email, postings on our website, or feedback via the member polls. Our use of such materials is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information set forth in Section 3.
- Profile information you submit to Singles Travel International will be available to users of Singles Travel International who belong to at least one of the networks you allow to access the information through your privacy settings (e.g., interests, past trips, current trips, friends, friends of friends). Your name, network names, and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the Singles Travel International network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so your friends can find you and send a friend request. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your profile information unless they have a relationship to you (friend, friend of friend, member of your networks, etc.) that allows such access based on your privacy settings.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
- Opt-in requirement. WITHOUT YOUR AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT (ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS), WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR OTHERWISE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED AS DESCRIBED BELOW UNDER “REQUIRED DISCLOSURES”. TO THE EXTENT WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OUR PARTNERS AND ADVERTISERS, WE SHARE ONLY AGGREGATED OR OTHERWISE NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT IS NOT LINKED TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
- You should understand that information you provide through the registration process or post to the public areas of our website, or through the use of our Platform (including your name (if provided) and location information) may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs.
- Required disclosures. Though we make every effort to preserve member privacy, we may need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website, (b) enforce this Policy or the Terms of Service Agreement, (c) respond to claims that your Personal Information violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Singles Travel International, its members and the public. You authorize us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
4. Communications from Singles Travel International and Members of the Singles Travel International Community
- Communication from Singles Travel International and Members of the Singles Travel International Community are governed by Sections 6.1 and 6.2 of our Terms of Service. You may manage your subscriptions to all Singles Travel International Communications in the Privacy & Preferences tab of the My Profile page.
6. Third Party Advertising
7. Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information
- After registration for our Platform and for specific topic groups, we provide a way to update your Personally Identifiable Information. Upon your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our active databases. To make this request, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon our receipt of your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law. Nonetheless, we will retain in our files information you may have requested us to remove if, in our discretion, retention of the information is necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or to enforce the Terms of Service Agreement. Furthermore, your information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints (for example, we will not remove your information from our back up storage).
- Singles Travel International takes appropriate precautions to protect our users’ information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (To learn more about SSL, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer). Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. If you have any questions about the security of Singles Travel International Web Site, please contact us at email@example.com
9. Notification of Changes
- If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying you and our other members of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email you and other members who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, then you will not be contacted, nor will your previously collected personal information be used in this new manner.
- If the change to this Policy would change how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, then the change will not apply to you without your affirmative consent. However, if after a period of thirty (30) days you have not consented to the change in the Policy; your account will be automatically suspended until such time as you may choose to consent to the Policy change. Until such consent, your personal information will be treated under the Policy terms in force when you began your membership.
- Any other change to this Policy (i.e., if it does not change how we treat your Personally Identifiable Information) will become are effective after we provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice of the changes and provide notice of the changes as described above. You must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org within this 30 day period if you do not agree to the changes to the Policy and wish to deactivate your account.
10. Dispute Resolution
11. Contact Information
- If members have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact the Secretary of Singles Travel International using postal mail or email, as follows:
Singles Travel International
7491 N Federal Highway, Suite C5328
Boca Raton, FL 33487