Singles Travel International Terms & Conditions
Revision date: February 11, 2013
1. Information Collection
- We collect the following information about you and your use of our Website, Platform and service (together, our "Platform") in order to create a better, more personalized experience for you:
- a nickname selected by you or assigned by us, your email address, your name (if provided) a password selected by you, your zip code; and
- for each Travel Group in which you participate, you may choose to create and store a short description or statement which will be viewed by anyone who is accessing that Travel Group, and your message board postings.
- for purposes of this Policy, "Personally Identifiable Information" means information that could be used to identify your personally such as your name, email address, mobile phone number ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States, which has not been previously or subsequently disclosed by you on the public areas of our website or in messages you send to your Travel Group Mailing Lists.
- We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown or your username.
- We automatically track certain basic information about our members (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, click patterns, etc.). We use this information to do internal research on our members' usage patterns, demographics, interests and general behavior to better understand and serve you and our community.
- We currently contract with online partners to help manage and optimize our business and communications. We use the services of a site analytics partner to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by our site analytics partner on this site. A "cookie" is a piece of data stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. The type of information collected includes the URL you came from and go to, your browser information, and IP address, and helps us learn how to improve our service. No information shared with our site analytics partner is directly linked to your Personally Identifiable Information.
- We may collect information such as postings you make on the public areas of our website, messages you send to the Travel Group Mailing List, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings on our website. Our use of this information is consistent with the rights and restrictions set forth in Section 2.
- You post User Content on the Singles Travel International Site at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
- Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on Singles Travel International is a violation of the Singles Travel International Terms of Service and should be reported to email@example.com.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Singles Travel International stores this information to send this one-time invitation, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Singles Travel International may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Singles Travel International service through the operation of the service (e.g., photo tags) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
- By using Singles Travel International, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. Use of Information
- We use the information we collect about you (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site's content, layout and services. These uses improve our site and allow us to better customize it to meet your needs. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement.
- We may compile the information we collect about you and use it, in an aggregate form only, in the negotiation and establishment of service agreements with public and/or private enterprises under which such enterprises will serve as Singles Travel International partners. Singles Travel International may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like a particular destination or travel more than 3 times per year and personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you a more personalized experience. We believe this benefits you. You can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they're more likely to be interesting to you. For example, if you put a favorite travel destination in your profile, we might serve you an advertisement highlighting a special to that destination. But we don't tell the 3rd party company who you are.
- We may use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate your correspondence with us or photographs submitted for publication on our website, be it via email, postings on our website, or feedback via the member polls. Our use of such materials is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information set forth in Section 3.
- Profile information you submit to Singles Travel International will be available to users of Singles Travel International who belong to at least one of the networks you allow to access the information through your privacy settings (e.g., interests, past trips, current trips, friends, friends of friends). Your name, network names, and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the Singles Travel International network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so your friends can find you and send a friend request. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your profile information unless they have a relationship to you (friend, friend of friend, member of your networks, etc.) that allows such access based on your privacy settings.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
- Opt-in requirement. WITHOUT YOUR AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT (ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS), WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR OTHERWISE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED AS DESCRIBED BELOW UNDER "REQUIRED DISCLOSURES". TO THE EXTENT WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OUR PARTNERS AND ADVERTISERS, WE SHARE ONLY AGGREGATED OR OTHERWISE NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT IS NOT LINKED TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
- You should understand that information you provide through the registration process or post to the public areas of our website, or through the use of our Platform (including your name (if provided) and location information) may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs.
- Required disclosures. Though we make every effort to preserve member privacy, we may need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website, (b) enforce this Policy or the Terms of Service Agreement, (c) respond to claims that your Personal Information violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Singles Travel International, its members and the public. You authorize us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
4. Communications from Singles Travel International and Members of the Singles Travel International Community
- Communication from Singles Travel International and Members of the Singles Travel International Community are governed by Sections 6.1 and 6.2 of our Terms of Service. You may manage your subscriptions to all Singles Travel International Communications in the Privacy & Preferences tab of the My Profile page.
6. Third Party Advertising
7. Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information
- After registration for our Platform and for specific topic groups, we provide a way to update your Personally Identifiable Information. Upon your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our active databases. To make this request, email email@example.com. Upon our receipt of your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law. Nonetheless, we will retain in our files information you may have requested us to remove if, in our discretion, retention of the information is necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or to enforce the Terms of Service Agreement. Furthermore, your information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints (for example, we will not remove your information from our back up storage).
- Singles Travel International takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (To learn more about SSL, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer). Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. If you have any questions about the security of Singles Travel International Web Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Notification of Changes
- If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying you and our other members of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email you and other members who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, then you will not be contacted, nor will your previously collected personal information be used in this new manner.
- If the change to this Policy would change how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, then the change will not apply to you without your affirmative consent. However, if after a period of thirty (30) days you have not consented to the change in the Policy; your account will be automatically suspended until such time as you may choose to consent to the Policy change. Until such consent, your personal information will be treated under the Policy terms in force when you began your membership.
- Any other change to this Policy (i.e., if it does not change how we treat your Personally Identifiable Information) will become are effective after we provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice of the changes and provide notice of the changes as described above. You must notify us at email@example.com within this 30 day period if you do not agree to the changes to the Policy and wish to deactivate your account.
10. Dispute Resolution
11. Contact Information
- If members have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact the Secretary of Singles Travel International using postal mail or email, as follows:
Singles Travel International
7491 N Federal Highway, Suite C5328
Boca Raton, FL 33487