Hurtigruten’s unique heritage, combined with highly skilled crews and a diverse fleet consisting of nimble, intimately-scaled expedition ships, enables us to offer you unique nature-based experiences at remote corners of the world. Like Singles Travel International, this boutique cruise line creates life-changing experiences. For some destinations, it is the ONLY choice. The Norwegian Fjords and Antarctica are such destinations.
Here are Five more Great Reasons to choose STI and Hurtigruten for our Norwegain Fjords Cruise:
1. Quality: On a Hurtigruten voyage you get:
- to engage in authentic, significant and breathtaking experiences
- to immerse yourself in culture, nature and wildlife
- a broad and diverse expedition fleet tailor made to meet your exact needs
- experienced crews that takes you safely to the most thrilling places where you can meet and interact with the locals
- more than 200 activities designed to suit all explorer levels
- safe and easy deployment to Polar Circle boats from mid-deck
- on board equipment that makes your exploring safer and more flexible
- advanced technology that makes your journey safe and comfortable
- highly knowledgeable and dedicated expedition teams
- an operator that lives and breathes sustainable travel
- peaceful, comfortable and relaxed on board experiences where you get the chance to meet fellow travelers
- excellent panorama views from all the restaurants and saloons
2. Price: The Early Bird Wins!
The Hurtigruten pricing system works similarly to an airline’s: The further from departure you book, the lower the cabin rate will be. When cabins begin to sell and availability decreases, prices increase. So don’t play the usual game of waiting to see who books. You WILL pay more if you wait. Plan your 2018 vacation right now. You won’t be sorry.
3. Friluftsliv – not a typo!
‘Friluftsliv’ is an ancient Nordic philosophy of outdoor life. It is an engrained philosophy in Norway and Sweden but relatively unknown to the rest of the world. This philosophy embodies the idea that returning to nature, is returning home.
MS Nordkapp has her own on-board Expedition Team and serves as a university at sea. Interesting lectures inside as well as out on the sun deck of the ship make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in. The Expedition Team hosts a lecture program and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of `friluftsliv´, and encourage you take part in `friluftsliv´ hikes and activities during the journey.
4. It’s all in the Family
Travel with confidence. Their fourth-generation ship captains navigate the polar waters with ease, allowing a safe, comfortable sailing experience and access to even the most remote areas.
5. Sustainable Feels Good
With Hurtigruten, we give you the opportunity to travel with meaning. Building on our explorer heritage dating back to 1893, Hurtigruten’s explorations are designed for people who value learning and personal growth over luxury. They are the world leader in sustainable explorer travels in Polar Regions and they offer unique experiences and impart knowledge in a way that leaves the smallest environmental footprint possible.
Get inspired on the Hurtigruten website where you will find amazing photos, testimonials and voyage-specific information. Learn more about our Norwegian Fjord Summer Adventure Cruise – August 2018 and pack your bag for an adventure like no other. We hope you will join us!
~Submitted by Robin Zell – Director of Marketing for Singles Travel International