July 12, 2009 to July 19, 2009
Raise a glass and toast to life! Summer is here and our intimate, 7 night cruise dedicated to wine tasting will introduce us to fine European wines, traditions, cuisine, music and new friends. Take the 7 night cruise, but if time allows, taste it all by adding 5 more nights in Budapest and Prague!
Member Chat Activity
Member Chat is reserved for our members who have booked. You must sign in to post a message.
About Wine Lovers River Cruise Plus Budapest & Prague
Attention Single Wine Lovers—this special cruise is for you! STI has taken the best way to see Europe, aboard an intimate and luxurious river vessel that gives us “up close and personal” access not only to the most famous historic sights, but also the smaller towns and villages along the way. Our unique cruise is accompanied by a distinguished wine authority, so that while we savor together, we’ll learn about some of Europe’s most famous wines, in particular, the wines of the region. Our optional stay in Budapest would not be complete without the chance to learn about Hungary’s famous Tokaji wines.
We’ll cruise upriver to Austria, where many of Europe’s delectable wines are produced. Learn about the famous Eis Wein, a sweet dessert wine which gets its name because the grapes are not picked until after the first frost and sail through the tranquil Wachau Valley, where vineyards cling to the slopes. A visit to a local wine cellar introduces us to the wines of the area. A special dinner is offered one evening, where each dish has been carefully paired with “its” wine. What are the rules of food and wine pairing? Our expert will enlighten us as we take part in a lively discussion at the close of the meal. Germany’s famous Riesling wines will be more closely scrutinized—and tasted, of course!
By the end of this memorable cruise, we hope you’ll return home with happy memories of the sights, sounds and an enriched knowledge of some of Europe’s famous wines, as well as a number of new friends with the same interests and experience to share forever.
Inclusive Features of Our Wine Tasting River Cruise:
- Cruise - Deluxe, 7-night cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg in a River View Stateroom with Hotel-Style beds (not bunks, murphy’s or sleeping bags!)
- Budapest (Optional 2 Nights) - Guided sightseeing, visit Fishermen’s Bastion; welcome reception
- Vienna - Guided sightseeing
- Dürnstein - Guided city walk
- Melk - Guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey; wine tasting
- Passau - Guided sightseeing
- Regensburg - Guided sightseeing, visit the Old Chapel
- Main Danube Canal - Cruise in the canal
- Nuremberg - Guided sightseeing; beer tasting
- Prague (Optional 3 Nights) - Guided sightseeing, visit Hrad?any Castle
WHAT MAKES THIS THE PERFECT TRIP FOR SINGLES?
- Affordable Price for Your Own Stateroom - Only $600 more!
- Most Meals Included and All Shared with other Singles, not Alone
(B) Breakfast (L) Lunch (D) Dinner
Buffet breakfast daily (B) in Budapest and Prague (optional); superb dining with all meals on board daily featuring full breakfast (B), lunch (L), and dinner (D), including a welcome reception, welcome dinner, and Captain’s dinner
- Complimentary Wine from Europe’s most Famous Wine Regions with Every Dinner on the Cruise
- Complimentary Beer and Soft Drinks with Every Dinner on the Cruise
- Optional Excursions for Varied Interests
- Wine Tasting with Distinguished Wine Authority
- More Time at Leisure vs. Time Spent on a Bus
- Special Attention from Experienced, Professional Singles Travel Director*
- Company of Other Singles with Similar Interests and Zest for Life
- Private Members Only Chat for this Tour – Plan your Trip and Make New Friends!
*Minimum of 20 guests required. If no director, a guest will be designated as an “STI Ambassador” to coordinate the first day's activities.
Inclusive features are subject to revision at the discretion of STI. Ages listed are not meant as a restriction, but are simply used as a guideline. Singles Travel International does not guarantee the number of guests, ages or ratios.