About The Alaska Cruise Adventure
FREE Drinks & $150-$300 OBC 4 OCV & HIGHER*
Alaska is the premier destination for adventure and eco-tourists seeking a personal connection with nature, wilderness and the local people.
Watch our Webinar for 2016<a href=https://youtu.be/IufOYahRHkE
Alaska is a land of superlatives the biggest this, highest that and most of these, whether it’s a world-record 97-pound, 4-ounce king salmon or a massive 20,320-foot-tall mountain (Mount McKinley), Alaska is all about unique, amazing sights!
Alaska has been around for ages, but now, as never before, it’s geared for ALL ages. There is enough adventure to challenge even the fittest athlete and activities for those of us that just like to chill on vacation. Let us show you the way
Inclusive Features of our Cruise:
- 7 Nights Aboard the Celebrity Solstice!
- Visit ports of Ketchikan, Tracey Arm Fjord, Juneau, Skagway and cruise the Inside Passage of Alaska. Our last stop, the beautiful island of Victorian British Columbia, Canada!
- Treat yourself and upgrade to Celebrity’s “Concierge Class” – This is a new category of stateroom to help enhance your cruise experience. There are over 50 amenities for you enjoy. Click here for details!
- Extensive WiFi capabilities and connectivity for cell phones
- Full-size, flat-screen TVs in every stateroom
- 3 Sumptuous Meals Daily in the Grand Epernay Dining Room
- 24 Hour Complimentary Cabin/Room Service
- 3 Pools and 2 Whirlpools
- Sporting Options Include: Jogging Track, Table Tennis, Basketball
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Fortunes Casino with Slots, Blackjack, Roulette & Poker
- Champagne Bar, Ensemble Lounge and Michael’s Club
- The Emporium Featuring Shopping, Entertainment and More
- Captain’s Complimentary Cocktail Party and Gala Dinner
Impressive New Features of Solstice:
- Nightlife abounds with Cellar Masters (Wine Bar with Sommelier), Quasar (High-Tech Disco), Crush (The Ultimate South Beach Martini Bar) and Sky Observation Lounge (Chic Live Entertainment & Dancing)
- Corning Glass Museum with three resident “gaffers” — glassblowing artists — conducting live glassmaking demonstrations, lectures and workshops in a custom-designed outdoor studio
- Country Club Atmosphere at the 1/2 acre Lawn Club with Putting Green, Croquet and Bocce Ball
- Aqua Spa with Elemis Shop & State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- State-of-the-Art Show Lounge (The Celebrity Theatre), with Broadway, Las Vegas Review and Cirque De Soleil Style Productions
- Over $6 Million of Artwork
- Alternative Restaurants to Include: Murano(gourmet), Tuscan Grille (Italian), Silk Harvest (Asian), Cafe al Bacio & Gelateria Bistro on 5 (24 hour crepes, sandwiches)
Exclusive Singles Travel Features:
- PORT CHARGES AND GOVERNMENT FEES (WORTH OVER $393) ARE INCLUDED IN OUR FARE
- OPTIONAL & PRIVATE SINGLES ONLY TOURS IN KETCHIKAN, JUNEAU, SKAWAY, ALASKA AND VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA-Click here to access our singles only excursions.
- WELCOME ABOARD – ICE BREAKER PARTY – COMPLIMENTARY DRINK
- BREAKFAST CLUB EACH MORNING*
- COORDINATED ACTIVITIES FOR MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP MAY INCLUDE: Dance Lessons, Wine Tasting, Cooking Lessons, Guest Hosted Cabin Parties, Jacuzzi Party Under the Stars, Ladies Night at the Spa, Meet the Captain and Dine with the Officers.
- THEMED HAPPY HOUR CLUB (Drinks Optional) – (SEE THE CHAT FOR MORE DETAILS CLOSER TO DEPARTURE).
- CLUB STI: OUR VERSION OF THE HOSPITALITY DESK WITH A FUN AND CASUAL ATMOSPHERE.
- SINGLES ONLY SEATING (LATE – 8:30 p.m.) IN THE DINING ROOM
- FAREWELL PARTY
- PRIVATE AND SECURE CHAT RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR MEMBERS ON YOUR VACATION.
- SPECIAL ATTENTION FROM EXPERIENCED, PROFESSIONAL, SINGLES TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL CONCIERGE.
- GREAT TIMES WITH OTHER SINGLES!
*Applies to Oceanview and higher: $300 SBC for single occupancy, shares each earn $150, which is split once onboard ship.
Inclusive features are subject to revision at the discretion of STI. Ages listed are not meant as a restriction, but are simply used as a guideline. Singles Travel International does not guarantee the number of guests, ages or ratios.
OPTIONAL & PRIVATE SINGLES ONLY TOURS IN KETCHIKAN, JUNEAU, SKAWAY, ALASKA AND VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA-Now on Sale! Click here to access our private excursions for singles.
Note that our cruise begins and ends in Seattle (SEA). Please schedule your flight to arrive in Seattle before 12 noon on August 11 and depart after 12 noon from Seattle on August 18. Come in a day early or stay in Seattle for the weekend!
Itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of Celebrity Cruises without compensation. Singles Travel International is not responsible for the consequences of any changes.
Once you make your online reservation, an STI reservation specialist will contact you to review and recommend additional services. Depend on them for assistance with airfare, proper protection, pre and post tour services. Once that step is complete, you will receive a final invoice from us confirming your reservation details.
READ your invoice and the FAQ page very carefully and advise if any changes need to be made.
Next, say hello to your fellow travelers on the chat!
Your “Final Vacation Details & Meetup Information” including transportation and how to meet up with the group will be posted here 14 days prior to trip start date. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cruise departs from Seattle on August 11, 2017 and ends in Seattle on August 18, 2017. Therefore the cruise is 7 nights/8 days. Add our pre or post cruise package in Seattle to get even more out of your vacation! (See Price & Options Tab)
A deposit is due at time of reservation. Refer to the Price and Options tab for the amount. Final payment is due in our office by May 12, 2017. A reminder will be emailed to you 7 days prior to due date and your card will automatically be charged. If you make a reservation after May 12, full payment will be automatically charged at time of reservation and penalties will apply.
**Money Saving Tip:**
While onboard your current cruise, make a reservation for the next cruise and earn valuable shipboard credits ranging from $50 – $200 USD. You may select one of our future sailings from the list provided by our Travel Director/Concierge, make the reservation onboard and Singles Travel International will pick up your reservation when you return home. See the Future Cruise Sales representative aboard your next cruise for details and to make your reservation.
Yes. All cancellations must be made in writing to Singles Travel International and are subject to per person penalties as follows:
– After deposit and at anytime of cancellation, a minimum charge of $75.00 plus credit card charges will apply in addition to other penalties listed below.
– Between May 12 and June 14, 2017 – $350 penalty applies.
– After June 14, 2017 any cancellations or “no-shows” – 100% penalty.
Note that if you elect to take a roommate and he/she cancels after our cut off date, we will do everything to find a new match. However, if no match is found, the difference in cost for a single cabin/room is the responsibility of the guest who cancels. No refund will be given to the guest who cancels, regardless of cruise or tour company policy as stated above. Singles Travel International is not responsible for costs related to cancellations after our cut off date.
In order to accommodate singles from all over the world, our tours and cruises are priced as land/cruise only. Therefore, airfare is additional. Singles Travel International is a licensed ticketing agency and oftentimes has low negotiated fares.
If you plan to arrange your own flights, make sure to arrive in Seattle before 12 p.m. on August 11 and depart after 12:00 noon on August 18.
Our cruise does not include airfare, transfers and extra hotel nights before and after the cruise. You are responsible for alcoholic beverages (except when included in STI events), meals not indicated in itinerary, incidentals such as laundry and phone calls, plus gratuities to crew, STI staff ($10-$15 per day) and local guides. You may also be charged a delivery fee, imposed by our vendors for special delivery of documents including international and expedited documents.
Absolutely. Our site is so popular that we guarantee to find a roommate for you or the single cabin is on us! In order to take advantage of our offer, you must be paid in full by May 12, 2017. Of course, single cabins are available at an additional rate assessed by Celebrity. Even after the cut-off date, we get so many calls that finding a roommate is easy. So please let us know if you are interested when making your booking.
Our guarantee is based on the lowest, inside cabin share rate. If you opt for a higher category and we are unable to match in that category, you are responsible for the difference to move a member into your cabin to make a match. You may also opt to take your own cabin at that time for the single cabin rate. Assessments are made at final payment date, 90 days prior to departure.
Roommate matches are based on the same sex, general age range and smoking preference whenever possible, but not guaranteed. STI reserves the right to make any match up until day of cruising, including roommate changes once onboard for members who select the Share & Save option.
We highly recommend that our guests contact their roommates in advance. Booked members have access to our private online chat. Meet your roommate as well as the other members on your vacation. Singles Travel International makes every effort to accommodate requests, but does not guarantee the satisfaction or success of a roommate match. It’s the responsibility of the guest to contact his/her roommate and ask the appropriate questions.
Optional pre and post cruise/tour stays are not eligible for the guarantee. Chances are excellent that we’ll find you a match, but if no match found by 30 days prior to departure, member pays the single supplement.
Read more about Roommate Matching on our Frequently Asked Questions found at the Help Center.
STI offers a fun filled pre cruise package in Seattle which allows our members to get a head start socializing and increases the odds that you won’t miss the boat! See the Price & Options Tab for details and to make your reservation. If not taking our package, we’ll meet you onboard the ship and meeting details will be provided in your Final Vacation Details & Meetup Information document posted to our FAQ tab, 14 days prior to departure.
Singles Travel International is a vacation event company that plans singles events and markets our events at our expense to create a “singles only” experience. We do not allow guests to join the group unless the reservation has been made by STI. Our policy is firm for tours and cruises, as well as pre and post trip hotel stays. Members and friends that “show up” will not be allowed to participate without paying an equivalent fee to the rest of the group that made the reservation with STI. Your credit card on file will automatically be charged.
Only the best with STI and our Seattle package is no exception. We have a 1 night, pre cruise package at the luxurious and historic, Fairmont Olympic Hotel, conveniently located in the center of all the downtown attractions. Our package is a great place to start and includes lots of goodies. For more about what to do in Seattle, visit the Fairmont Concierge site.
Please contact your preferred carrier directly to make your reservation. If Singles Travel International issues a promotional economy fare, granting of frequent flyer credit is entirely at the airline’s discretion. If the flights are eligible, to ensure you earn frequent flyer credit from the airline, give your frequent flyer account number when you check in for your flights. In addition, save your boarding passes and the passenger receipt from your airline ticket. You may need to submit these to the airline (not to Singles Travel International) to claim any credit allowed.
Transportation between the airport and ship is not included in the price. We would be happy to arrange round-trip transportation for you at an additional rate of $42 each way (subject to increase at any time before final payment is made) in Seattle.
Arriving early to do our Seattle package? A taxi is approximately $40 and we recommend that you post a message on the “Share A Ride” topic on our chat. Include your airline, flight number, date and arrival time and you may find another member willing to share. For more info on transportation in Seattle, check out this entry on Trip Advisor.
Here is the best rate for a one way taxi between the airport and hotel in Seattle, only $29 at posting time (subject to change). http://eastsideforhire.net
Newest and cheapest transpo in town, try UBER. Download the app and give it a shot.
Embarkation and cabin check-in is at 12 noon. Plan to arrive early in order to take advantage of getting to know the ship and check in with Singles Travel International Concierge.
We have partnered with Shore Trips to provide pre-booked and pre-confirmed excursions in each port -of -call. Our tours are offered so that you may share your cruise experience with other members of our group, as they are exclusive to our members. In addition, once you make your reservations, you won’t have to spend any more time trying to figure out what to do every day!
Every tour is pre-booked and pre-confirmed. Booking our excursions also allows you to spend your time leisurely on board the ship. You will be sitting by the pool while others are in the shore excursion lines waiting to book. Our prices are competitive and well worth booking.
The Shore Trips site is easy to use. Click here to access our singles only excursions. Once on the site, CREATE AN ACCOUNT. Once you have created an account and signed in, click on the word FIND YOUR GROUP
, then 1 STI-ALASKA ADVENTURE CRUISE (announced 6 months prior to departure) to see the excursions that are being offered for our cruise. A full page description is available if you click on the title of each tour.
Note that all Shore Trips tours are non-refundable once booked unless we find a replacement for you. We recommend that you make your reservations as soon as possible to avoid the disappointment of finding out that the tour you wanted has sold out. In order not to incur an additional $10.00 fee all tours must be booked 48 hours prior to departure.
Of course not. You will be pleased to find out that nearly 90% of our guests on every cruise sign up and have never met anyone before joining the group. In 23 years, we have perfected the singles cruise experience. It is paramount that our guests meet each other right away and have opportunities to mingle every day. From the moment you board the ship, our STI Travel Concierge is waiting to meet you at our Hospitality Desk (20 members minimum). Our first evening begins with a private, welcome aboard party followed by daily activities both onboard the ship as well as in each port. We dine together each evening in an open seating arrangement so that you have a chance to meet as many people as possible.
Our “All Ages” vacations cater to 40+ and our average age range is 45 to 65. We generally have a ratio of 60/40, women to men. As a travel club, matchmaking is not our focus. Ages listed on our page are not restricted. They are simply used as a guideline. We offer an opportunity for single travelers to see the world in the company of other singles and do not guarantee the ratio or ages.
Check out our 30,000 member community as well as the “Who’s Going” area on the Alaska Adventure Cruise page to meet your fellow criers in advance.
All meals are served either buffet style in a restaurant located on an open deck such as the pool deck or full service in the main dining room at set times referred to as early and late (or first and second) seating. Singles Travel International hosts the Breakfast Club each morning in one of the 2 locations, which are determined via your STI Travel Concierge once onboard and advised to you each day via our Daily STI Program. We reserve late (second) seating for the entire group for dinner and use a round robin seating plan. Guests are assigned a place for the first night and then may sit with whomever they’d like, at any one of our group tables, for the balance of the cruise. Late (second) dining is generally served at 8:30 p.m. and varies by cruise line. If you desire to dine at early (first) seating, please let our reservation specialist know at the time of booking. Note that on most cruises, the majority of our guests choose late (second) seating and by selecting early (first) seating, you may be dining with a smaller group of our guests or perhaps none at all. All dining requests are confirmed once onboard, not in advance and are at the discretion of the cruise line.
In addition, there are generally several ala carte, themed restaurants with and without a fee. Singles Travel International will take reservation requests for tables of 8 during our Welcome Aboard meeting. You may sign up for those options, and therefore enjoy these restaurants in the company of other singles, once onboard the ship.
The average temperatures for Alaska vary from low 70s to mid 80s during the day and low to mid 60s during the evenings. Traveling at the end of the summer season is the best time of all! There are less crowds and the flowers are super-sized. You can’t even imagine how gorgeous it will be to visit Butchart Gardens in Victoria!
Rain is also a strong possibility, travel prepared with waterproof jacket, hood and footwear.
Yes you will require a passport due to our stop in Victoria B.C. Be sure to confirm that your passport is current and will be valid at least six months (February 20, 2018) after your departure. If you do not have one or need a new one, contact the State Department Passport Office in your area immediately or visit http://www.travel.state.gov/. We recommend that you also make copies of your passport, driver’s license, photo identification card and/or birth certificate in case of loss, and carry them with you on your trip separate from your passport.
There is no baggage limit onboard ship.
Currently, most airlines will allow you to check one (1) bag, weighing 40 pounds, for a fee. In addition you may carry-on one bag plus a personal item such as a purse or briefcase. Please check with your air carrier for up-to-the minute regulations and fees for checked baggage.
Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.
Women should feel comfortable wearing:
• A cocktail dress
• Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top
Men should feel comfortable wearing:
• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
• Optional sport coat or blazer
Evening Chic means that you may get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.
Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire.
Smart Casual attire may be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.
Women should feel comfortable wearing:
• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top
Men should feel comfortable wearing:
• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves
Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.
Daytime wear is casual and comfortable for touring/shopping. As the temperatures are cooler in Alaska during the summer, it is wise to bring along a jacket, sweater and gloves (if planning to hike, kayak, etc.). Plan for layers and bring rain gear, just in case!
Evenings aboard the ship are sometimes cool due to the air conditioning, so a cover up is essential if you tend to get cold easily.
Packing Tips: Take only what you need; don’t over pack. Save room for souvenirs and purchases. Pack flat and full to avoid wrinkling. Bring wardrobe basics; mix and match around one or two colors. Don’t pack anything valuable, fragile or perishable. Label your luggage with an outside tag, and place an identification card inside each suitcase.
Essential Items: We highly recommend that you bring the following items.
– No-Doze so you can stay up late, watch the midnight sun and catch the Northern Lights
– A good, comfortable pair of broken-in walking shoes, hiking boots if planning to hike.
– A pair of shoes for restaurants (loafers, sandals, etc), waterproof shoes for wet days.
– Collapsible umbrella and/or lightweight rain gear; jacket with hood or poncho
– Ladies will want to bring a nicer warm wrap, and gentlemen a nicer jacket, for evening wear.
– Sunglasses, sun block, sun hat or visor. Yes, it may be sunny and warm in Alaska!
– Toiletries: all your daily essentials.
– Prescription medications: sufficient supply for the entire trip plus legible written prescription in case of loss. Keep medications in their original, labeled container. Always pack your medications in your carry-on bag!
– Eyeglasses, contacts, contact lens solution. You may want to bring along a written prescription for your eyewear in case of loss.
– Over the counter medications: cold remedy, aspirin/pain reliever, antacid/stomach upset remedy, Band-Aids, Neosporin or other anti-bacterial medication.
– Travel alarm clock with illuminated face, especially for guests in an inside cabin.
– Small, Swiss Army type utility knife. Remember to pack this in your checked luggage!
– Travel journal/notepad and reading material.
– Home address book for sending postcards. A useful tip to avoid bringing your entire address book is to pre-print names and addresses of people to whom you want to send postcards on sheets of self-adhesive labels. It saves time and space in your luggage.
– Small, basic sewing kit with a few extra buttons. Remember to pack scissors in your checked bag!
– Photography Equipment: Bring a sufficient supply of film and extra batteries. Though film is generally available in Alaska, the selection may be limited and more expensive. If you are bringing a digital camera, you should bring extra memory chips.
Travel Insurance is available through Travel Guard and in addition to direct access immediately upon completing your purchase, you will receive a quote from Travel Guard regarding travel insurance after reserving your vacation. If you have any questions, Travel Guard professional, expert agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us, if you have not received your quote within 3 days.
The currency used throughout our cruise is the US Dollar. Your credit card will be accepted to settle your bill onboard the Solstice as well as in major shops and restaurants ashore. All onboard purchases are billed with a guest check and added to your personal shipboard account. At the end of the cruise, you will receive a total bill, which may be paid with cash or charged to a credit card. If you are sharing with another guest, no worries. You will each receive a separate statement which may be reviewed at any time on your interactive TV in the cabin.
No. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) recommends updating all routine booster shots for travel almost anywhere. In addition, we suggest that you have a physical check-up before your trip, and discuss the type of trip in which you are participating with your physician.
You and your physician may access much more, very detailed health information for travelers (including tips on staying healthy while traveling) on the CDC website, cdc.gov. Click their “Traveler’s Health” link or call toll-free 24-hours at 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636).
Your Final Vacation Details & Meetup Info document, which is posted on the FAQ tab 14 days prior to departure, will include a phone contact number for the Solstice. Instructions on international dialing codes will be provided. We suggest you leave a copy of this with your family.
Our office is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. In an emergency after hours, please contact Tammy Weiler at 815-715-6998.
All countries you will visit have laws against the purchase and export of certain items, including antiquities, national cultural property and certain animal products, especially endangered species (ivory, rhino horn, tortoise shell, coral, feathers, etc.). Additionally, the United States has laws prohibiting the import of certain items, which include many of the same things. You face having your purchase confiscated and/or heavy fines for exporting or importing prohibited items.
On return to the U.S., your baggage is subject to search by U.S. Customs. Currently, you are permitted to bring back $800 of goods duty free. Persons aged 21 or over may also bring in one liter of liquor and one carton of cigarettes. If you plan to purchase a lot of souvenirs or expensive items, it is important to retain all purchase receipts. However, please note that U.S. Customs may not accept a receipt as true cost if it seems unusually low for the estimated value of the item. You may access the regulations and restrictions governing US Customs on their official website, click here to learn more.