January 11, 2013 to January 20, 2013
Antarctica is a land of truly awesome grandeur. It is the highest, driest, coldest and cleanest continent on Earth. It's surrounding oceans are unimaginably rich in bird and marine life and STI's expedition cruise brings us up close and personal with the locals.
Member Chat Activity
Member Chat is reserved for our members who have booked. You must sign in to post a message.
About Antarctic Blast for Singles
Is Antarctica for solo cruisers? We think so, especially if you want to expand your horizons and do something different that very few people ever have a chance to do. STI hAs embarked on a new campaign to take our members to some of the world’s most unexplored regions.
Our Antarctic Expedition offers an exceptionally real experience close to spectacular landscapes and nature, local culture and people, and amazing wildlife. January is high season, the warmest month of the year and the continent comes alive with new born, penguin chicks learning to swim, elephant seals, fur seals, minke whales, large flocks of sea birds and the drifting albatross.
Depending on your internet speed, the video may not load. Click here for the direct link.
Watch the 90 second video for a glimpse of what adventures await you!
Inclusive Features of our Cruise:
- Highly recommended Pre and/or Post Cruise Stays in Buenos Aires, Argentina or Iguazu Falls (Brazil & Argentina). Come in early and enjoy this sexy city with other members of the group and get acquainted! NOTE: Flight to Ushuaia departs early morning on January 11, which is why we urge members to come in at least 1 day early.
- Round-trip Flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia, where we begin and end our cruise.
- 9 Nights Inside, Oceanview or Suite Accommodations Aboard Hurtigruten's MS Fram, built specifically for Antarctica Cruising in 2007. Cabins are small; please look at the photos on the Price & Option tab. Come for the exploration, not the cabin.
- Daily lectures given by the expert explorer team from various fields and backgrounds: ornithologists, mammalogists, historians, and geologists, ready to tackle all our questions in two flexible, high tech conference rooms. Guests are briefed before and after each visit/landing and while onboard to explain the wildlife, marine life, flora and fauna.
- Excursion to the Ushuaia National Park
- Glass enclosed observation lounge with passenger bridge and 12 foot sunroof panel, the ceiling, captain's chairs and telescopes.
- Main restaurant and bistro with breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, 24-hour coffee and occasional snacks. Rumor has it that although limited in choice, some past passengers claim it's the best cruise ship food ever.
- 2 Bar/Lounges serving drinks with basic nightly entertainment and additional lectures;
- Sauna and 2 heated, outdoor Jacuzzis and fitness room;
- Map and Nautical display to follow our path.
- Shop, library and internet cafe;
- A specially designed tender deck and Polar Circle Boat (fiber glass, not rafts) make loading and unloading passengers for land exploration easy, safe and comfortable.
- Cabin attendants to perform daily cabin cleaning;
- Complimentary Explorer Jacket (Heavy Windbreaker) appropriate over layers for summer season with WARMEST temperatures in the mid to high 30s. For more on what to pack, click the FAQ tab.
- Private and Secure Chat Reserved Exclusively for Members on Your Adventure Vacation;
- Adventures with other Single Explorers!
READ OUR ITINERARY AND FAQ TABS FOR MUCH MORE INFORAMTION ABOUT THIS ADVENTURE. FOR HELP MAKING A DECISION, WE ALSO RECOMMEND OUR BLOG ENTRY ABOUT ANTARCTICA. THEN, CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW THE ACTUAL MS FRAM BLOGGING NOW!
A minimum of 20 guests is required to include an STI Concierge. If no concierge, a frequent traveler with STI, who has reserved the cruise, will be designated as a leader to coordinate the first day's activities.
Inclusive features are subject to revision at the discretion of STI. Ages listed are not meant as a restriction, but are simply used as a guideline. Singles Travel International does not guarantee the number of guests, ages or ratios.